Published date: July 1, 2021
Latest update on: July 1, 2021
For the purposes of this document, the Dungeon Universe application or website includes products, services, content, features, technologies or functions and any related websites, applications and services that we offer to you, platforms, social media or other online properties through which we provide the service.
We will treat our customer personal data with highest level of confidentiality and security and only use it on need-to-know basis with data that is relevant to provide our game/service. In the following data protection document, we are informing our customers about the collection, use and processing of your personal data when subscribing, applying, registering or using any functions included in the game/service, including our website: dungeonuniverse.com
The Dungeon Universe game or website is designed for personal and business purposes and can be used by individuals or business legal entities. You acknowledge that if you have provided information about someone other than yourself, you have obtained that other person’s prior consent to provide us with their personal information. Additional personal and business legal entity information may be requested if you register on behalf of business legal entity and you are obligated to provide the requested information.
This version of the data protection declaration contains elements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of these (General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR), as we are in accordance with the Rules for the processing of personal data within the European Economic Area (EEA).
According to Art. 4 Paragraph 7 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), “Responsible” means the natural or legal person who decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data; If the purposes and means of this processing are specified by Union law or the law of the member states, the person responsible or the specific criteria for his appointment can be provided for in accordance with Union law or the law of the member states.
What information we collect
In accordance to the reasons defined in the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and other applicable national data protection laws, we are splitting the collected information into categories.
We ask and collect the following personal data from you when you use the Dungeon Universe game or website. This information is necessary so that we can meet our regulatory obligations and properly perform the service/contract between you and us. Without them, we may not be able to effectively provide you with the service you are signing up for.
When you sign up for the Dungeon Universe game or website, we collect personal data such as:
- first and last name,
- birth date,
- e-mail address,
- Ethereum public address & all publicly available information connected with public address
- third-party information we receive for Ethereum public addresses and you allowed them to relay information,
- blockchain network information,
- network Information,
- access time, device type, hardware, IP address, OS and version and other device identifiers
and other information we may collect on our website or game registration forms, that are necessary for your identification and verification.
Risk and Fraud Information
In order to prevent fraud, money laundering and other high-risk activities we may collect additional demographic geolocation data or personal information, that can be linked and combined with third parties (with your consent) to prevent such activities.
Log data and device information
In order to improve the quality, experience and performance of Dungeon Universe we automatically collect and log all relevant data, including device information when you access and use the Dungeon Universe game or website, even if no account was registered or you have logged into website or game. This information includes, but is not limited to: details about how you use the Dungeon Universe game or website, IP address, Ethereum public address, MAC address, date and time of access, hardware and software information, device information, information about device events, unique identifiers, crash dates and reports, cookie data.
We may collect additional information including personal data, if we see legitimate interest to improve the quality, user experience and an ability to provide you with additional features of our game and/or website.
Information We Collect with your consent
We may provide additional events, promotions or survey that might require additional data from your side, in order to achieve better experience or quality of game/service and will provide you with opt-in options.
We may collect information about your exact or approximate geolocation, as determined by data such as your IP address, only to provide you with an improved user experience and to improve quality.
We use processing in order to provide statistical information, internal reports and other statistics that can help use improve user experience and improve quality of our game and website.
Cookies and Web beacons
We do not track our users over time. Dungeon Universe does not track its customers over time and through third-party websites to deliver targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Third-party providers whose content is integrated into our websites can place cookies in a user’s browser and/or receive information that a web browser has visited a specific Dungeon Universe website from a specific IP address. Consult your web browser’s documentation to learn how to enable DNT signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to make their behavior tracking decisions. The information we automatically collect is statistical data and may contain personal data.
Cookies (also called “web cookies”, “Internet cookies”, “browser cookies”, or simply “cookies”) are small blocks of data created by a web server while a user is browsing a website and placed on the user’s computer or other device by the user’s web browser. Cookies are placed on the device used to access a website, and more than one cookie may be placed on a user’s device during a session.
Cookies serve useful and sometimes essential functions on the web. They enable web servers to store stateful information (such as items added in the shopping cart in an online store) on the user’s device or to track the user’s browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited in the past). They can also be used to save for subsequent use information that the user previously entered into form fields.
You can refuse to accept browser cookies. But this will impact which areas of the websites are accessible.
Web beacons, which are also known as clear GIFs, Web bugs or pixel tags, are often used in combination with cookies. They are images (often transparent) that are part of web pages. Web beacons allow us to count users who have visited certain pages and to generate statistics about how our site is used. They will not be used to access any personal information.
Some parts of the website or game is provided by third–parties, including plug-ins, services, content providers. These third-parties may use tracking technologies and may collect personal or any other information from you. Third-parties may then target you with content.
We do not have any influence on how third-parties use their tracking technology.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you, or that you provide to us, including personal data:
- to present our website and its content to you;
- to enable you to use the Dungeon Universe game;
- to notify you of changes to our website or to any products or services that we offer;
- to enable you to participate in interactive functions on our website and in game;
- to process transactions and send notifications about your transactions;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to provide you with notifications about your account and activities;
- to fulfill our obligations and assert our rights from a contract concluded between you and us, including billing and collection;
- for any other purpose with your consent;
- to resolve disputes, collect fees, and solve problems in game or on website.
And any other way we can describe, if you provide the information.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection can include:
- disclosure of your information;
- we may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify an individual without limitation;
- to our affiliated companies;
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties that we use to support our business and who are contractually obliged to treat personal data confidentially and only use it for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to fulfill any other purpose, you want to have fulfilled.
- for any other purpose we disclose when you provide the information;
- with your permission, we may also disclose your personal information: to comply with a court order, law, or legal process, including responding to government or government inquiries.
When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dungeon Universe, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices about how we use and reveal your information
We strive to give you choices about the personal data you provide to us. We have put in place mechanisms to give you the following control over your data:
You can always block all or partially block tracking with your browser, however the website may stop functioning partially or some features won’t be usable.
Company promotional offers
You can unsubscribe to promotional activities that we provide directly or indirectly. You can do this on your personal account page in user settings section. If we accidently sent you an email and you believe it was sent without your consent you can always respond to the email and ask us to disable promotional offers. This can also be done via any communicational channel.
This does not apply to mandatory emails that are required from us to provide you the service/game or any purchases.
We do not control the collection or use of your data by third-parties.
Access and correction of your information
If you wish to access, update, correct or delete any Personal Information in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services, you may log into your account and make updates. If you wish to make changes not available through your account settings, please contact us.
Even if you delete your content, some information may be cached or misconfigured. Contact us in case you see any errors.
How we use the information we collect
We use, store and process information, including personal data, about you in order to provide best possible and quality service. It is also used to improve and develop the Dungeon Universe game or website, to create and maintain a safe and secure environment, to pursue our legitimate interests and to comply with obligations.
Provision of the Dungeon Universe game or website
We process below information based on our legitimate interest in improving the Dungeon Universe game or website and our users’ experience with them, and to the extent necessary for the proper performance of the agreement with you, and to comply with applicable laws.
- Authenticate your access to your online account or your Enjin Wallet;
- detect and possibly prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents and other harmful activities by blocking the Dungeon Universe service or using other fraud prevention measures;
- conducting safety investigations and risk assessments;
- conducting reviews of databases and other sources of information;
- compliance with legal obligations;
- enforcement of our rights, interests and claims from legal agreements.
We process below information on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the Dungeon Universe app or website and if this is necessary for the proper performance of the contract with you.
- Providing, improving and developing the Dungeon Universe application or website;
- enable you to access and use the Dungeon Universe app or website;
- process purchase payments, issue invoices and/or other types of payment documents for the processed order;
- operate, protect, improve and optimize the Dungeon Universe game or website and your experience, for example by performing analysis and research;
- offer customer service;
- send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications;
- in order to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Dungeon Universe game or website and your experience, to personalize and personalize your experience, to present our other services to you, we perform profiling based on your interactions with the application or website.
Create and maintain a safe environment
We always strive to create and maintain safe and secure environment by:
- detecting and preventing fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents and other harmful activities;
- conducting possible safety investigations and risk assessments;
- verify or authenticate the information or identifications you have provided;
- carrying out reviews of databases and other third-party information sources, including background information, data providers, to the extent permitted by applicable law and, if applicable, with your consent;
- resolve disputes between you and one of our customers and other users and enforce our agreements with third parties;
- enforce our legal rights.
We process this information in the interest in protecting the Dungeon Universe game or website, measuring the proper performance of our agreement with you and complying with applicable laws.
To provide, personalize, measure and improve our advertising and marketing
In order to provide better user experience, we:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information relating to the Dungeon Universe game or website, and the products and services of non-affiliated companies that may be of interest to you, based on your preferences and social media advertising, via social media platforms;
- personalize, measure and improve our advertising;
- administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities or events sponsored or administered by us or our third-party partners;
- participate in game events, quizzes, and fill out a questionnaire or entry form for competitions for advertising campaigns.
As already stated in the document you can opt out of promotional activities. We will only send out relevant offers and promotions what we believe is relevant to Dungeon Universe game or website.
Who do we share personal data with?
With third-party providers:
We may share personal information with third-party service providers, who assist us in providing the Dungeon Universe service, products, and/or features, at our discretion and on our behalf.
These third-party providers can, for example:
- perform game and website development,
- do maintenance and debugging;
- authorize the Dungeon Universe game or website to be delivered through third-party software platforms and tools;
- provide customer support;
- provide IT support and development services;
- provide technical support for the Dungeon Universe game or website;
- verify your identity or authentication;
- compare information with public databases;
- conduct history, fraud prevention and risk assessment;
- conduct risk monitoring;
- promote the Dungeon Universe game or website as a distributor, promoter, sales agent, influencer or similar;
- provide marketing and public relations services;
- provide cloud, storage or colocation services;
- provide legal, compliance or other advisory services;
- provide auditing and accounting services.
We may share information about you with other parties for our legitimate interest, or as permitted or required by law, including following reasons:
- to protect our property, services and legal rights;
- to protect a person’s vital interests;
- to investigate violations or enforce a user agreement or other legal requirement that applies to a service;
- to facilitate the purchase or sale of all or part of our business;
- promotion from third-parties of the Dungeon Universe game or website to end users/players;
- when we need to do this to comply with any law, legal process, or regulation;
- when, in our sole discretion, we believe that disclosure of personal information is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation into suspected or actual illegal activity;
- to assess and manage risks and prevent fraud against us, our customers and fraud related to our website or use of our service, including fraud that affects or involves our business partners, our strategic companies or other individuals and merchants;
- to companies with which we want to merge or be acquired; and
- to support our audit, compliance and corporate governance functions.
With your consent:
We will also share your personal data and other information with your consent or instruction, including if you allow an account connection with a third-party account, service or platform.
In addition, we may provide aggregated statistical information to third parties, including other companies and the general public, about how, when and why users visit our website and services. These data will not personally identify you and do not provide any information about your use of the Dungeon Universe game or website. We will not pass on your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
We may monitor or record phone calls, emails, online chats, or any other communications with you for regulatory requirements, security requirements, customer service, or training purposes.
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine, so that they no longer identify or refer to an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market research activities and purposes.
Manage your information
You have the right to receive:
- confirmation, if we processed your personal data and where;
- information on the purposes of the processing;
- information on the categories of data processed;
- information on the categories of recipients with whom the data can be shared;
- information on the duration of the storage of the data (or the criteria for determining this duration);
- information on the existence of rights to deletion, correction, restriction of processing and objection to processing;
- information about the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- if no data has been collected from you, information about the origin of the data; and information about the existence and an explanation of the logic of automated processing.
In addition, you can request a copy of the processed personal data.
Correction of incorrect or incomplete information
You have the right to ask us to correct personal data about you, if you are not able to do so alone.
Data access and portability
You have the right to:
- receive a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format that supports reuse;
- transfer your personal data from one controller to another;
- save your personal information on a private device for later personal use; and
- let your personal data be transmitted directly between those responsible without hindrance.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law allows you to request copies of your personal information we hold about you.
Data retention and deletion
We generally keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the contract between you and us, and to fulfill our regulatory obligations. If you no longer want us to use your data to provide you with the Dungeon Universe game or website, you can ask us to delete your personal data and close your account, unless your account is being under investigation or is related to any other compliance/risk activities and/or open obligations to us.
We may retain some of your personal information when it is necessary for our legitimate business interests.
We can save and use your personal data if it is necessary to fulfill our legal obligations.
Due to our backup policies the data might not be deleted immediately, if cached or archived for a limited time.
Revocation of consent and restriction of processing
Where you have expressly provided your consent to the processing of your Personal Information by Dungeon Universe, you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending a communication request to Dungeon Universe, specifying which consent you are withdrawing from. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your Personal Information, in particular where:
- You contest the accuracy of your Personal Information;
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your Personal Information;
- we no longer need your Personal Information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing and pending the verification, whether the legitimate grounds of Dungeon Universe override your own.
Objection to processing
At any time, regardless of applicable law, you may object to us processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. You may, at any time, ask Dungeon Universe to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending us an email with request to cease processing your data.
If your personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes, you can ask us at any time to stop processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an email to the contact email addresses below.
With the removal of processing your Personal Information, we may be unable to provide the service to you and the termination of the account may be allowed, where you are required to pay any outstanding debt.
In order to facilitate our worldwide operations, we may need to transfer, store and process your data to service providers based in Europe, India, the Asia-Pacific region and North and South America. The laws of these countries may differ from the laws of your country of residence. For example, information collected within the EEA (European Economic Area) may be transferred, stored and processed outside of the EEA for the purposes described in this Privacy and Data Protection Policy. If we transfer, store and process your personal data outside the EEA, we have ensured that suitable security precautions have been taken to ensure an adequate level of data protection.
Current server locations:
In the event that personal data is passed on to affiliated companies or third-party providers outside the EEA (European Economic Area) without an adequacy decision having been made, we have – before we pass on your data to such affiliated companies or third-party providers – set up means to ensure an appropriate level of data protection. Upon request, we will provide further information to ensure an adequate level of data protection.
Dungeon Universe takes commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial precautions to prevent the loss and misuse of Personal Information under our control. We take highest responsibility for ensuring that your personal data is safe and stored in professional data centers. We limit access to your personal data to only those employees who need this information to provide products or services to you.
If you believe that your login details to your account have been lost, stolen, misappropriated or otherwise compromised, please contact us immediately.
While we are committed to securing our systems and services, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password(s) and online account personal information. We ask you not to give your password to anyone.
We do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or from our game and website. Any transfer of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for any privacy settings or security measures used in game or on the website.
We securely store our customers’ personal information of the customer’s Dungeon Universe account until the deletion of the account. Dungeon Universe stores your personal data for at least two years or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or to resolve disputes.
WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OF DATA INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, UNAUTHORIZED DATA BREACH OR CLAIMS CAUSED BY:
- USER ERROR;
- FAILURE OF OTHER IMPROPERLY CONSTRUCTED SOURCE CODE;
- SERVER FAILURE OR LOSS OF DATA;
- CORRUPTED OR CHANGED FILES;
- UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR THIRD-PARTY ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE USE OF VIRUSES, PHISHING, BRUTEFORCING OR OTHER MEANS OF ATTACK AGAINST THE GAME, OUR SERVERS, ENJIN BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK OR AN ELECTRONIC ENJIN VALLET.
Children and legal age
The Dungeon Universe game or website is not intended for anyone under the age of 18. The game shouldn’t be played if you are less than 18 years old. Although we want to offer our game to as many people as possible, there is minor fictional violence included in the game due to its game design and graphic style.
Additionally, the use of blockchain technology and its features must also be used with highest caution and security as the technology is just evolving and there are a lot of scams and imposters.
Should we actually learn that we have collected personal data from persons under the age of 18, we will delete it immediately, unless we are legally obliged to store this data.
When we make material changes to this Policy, we’ll provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances. We may also notify you in advance. Changes will be visible at the top of this page including the change date.
Therefore, please make sure you read any such notice carefully.